Low carb vs low fat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low carb vs low fat

I know that either a low carb diet or a low fat diet can’t be continued forever but I am looking for SOMETHING to do to make my weight loss more effective. Which one of those is better?

I don't like either of those types of diet. Anything that has you restricting food to an extreme degree won't help you to lose weight in a way that you'll keep it off. It changes your metabolism so that when you start eating "normally" again, even if it's a healthy diet, your weight will balloon back up.

Comment

I would start paying attention to what you are eating and know the ingredients you are ingesting. Equally, Find out how many calories you need in a day and work on staying within your limit. It is better to start paying attention to what you eat and control how much you eat of it than to follow a low carb or a low fat diet plan. As brightstar said, these diets really won't do you any good in the long run.

Comment

If you have to pick one, I recommend going low fat. Cut out all of the trans fats and bad fats. Just make sure you don't cut out the good fats, like omega 3 fatty acids. Those are important to your health.

Comment

I say you lower your carb consumption. And I mean LOWER do not cut carbs out entirely, because your body does need them. Chances are you likely eat way more carbs than you actually need. Avoid processed foods, refined sugars, white flour based products. When you cut out the extra junk you are likely to notice a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
            I don't like either of those types of diet. Anything that has you restricting food to an extreme degree won't help you to lose weight in a way that you'll keep it off. It changes your metabolism so that when you start eating "normally" again, even if it's a healthy diet, your weight will balloon back up.

I agree with Brightstar. Neither of those diets is a good call. It is better to stick with one diet plan and lose weight at a gradual speed. Following a low carb or a low fat diet is fine for those who want fast and short-term weight loss and who won't mind putting back on all of the weight they lost a few weeks later.

Comment

Working...
            X