Biggest meal of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest meal of the day

Which meal should be the biggest one of the day if you want to lose weight?
    Breakfast
    44.44%
    Lunch
    27.78%
    Dinner
    11.11%
    Second Breakfast (this option is for Hobbits, only) ;)
    16.67%

I think lunch should be the biggest one. Eat a decent breakfast, and have a big late lunch, and you should be satisfied with a very light dinner. Unfortunately though, that might not work for most people's schedules. LOL I was tempted to select "Second Breakfast" that amused me haha.

Comment

When I start with a big breakfast, I don't feel as hungry throughout the rest of the day and am fine eating snacks and a light dinner. I find eating a big breakfast also gives me the energy I need and I'm less cranky.

Comment

LMAO! I'm totally a hobbit!

Comment

I think a big breakfast is best. Gets your metabolism going and you have the rest of the day to burn it off.

Comment

I'm in agreement with JokerzWild. I'd say lunch should be your biggest meal of the day. Surround lunch by a light breakfast and a light dinner and a couple of snacks and you'll be good for the day. It is better to eat less in the evening when your metabolism is slowing down. It will also help you sleep better.

Comment

I'm with Charlotte! Definitely second breakfast

Comment

I have 2 say breakfast is when u should have ur biggest meal. When u start ur day eating right, ur less likely 2 make bad choices as the day goes on. Eat light snacks & meals 4 the rest of the day.
                Last edited by BabyButtons; 01-09-2014, 12:20 AM.

Comment

I think that in theory, breakfast should be the largest meal of the day in terms of making sure that a diet is effective. This gives you the entire day to burn off the bulk of the calories that you have consumed. However, in practice, it doesn't work for me. I find that lunch is a better option. I have a moderate sized breakfast to make sure that my metabolism has a healthy kick start. Then I have my largest meal in the middle of the day so that it will carry me over for the majority of my working hours as well as for my workout after I get home. Finally, I eat a small dinner later on so that it takes care of my hunger after my workout. In the evening, I'll have a small snack, but it has to be light. Otherwise it goes against all of my efforts for the rest of the day. In application, this method makes a lot more sense than starting big and working small, even though it isn't technically the most effective for calorie burning. I have to take human flaws into consideration.

Comment

When breakfast is the biggest and I eat little meals regularly through the rest of the day, I tend to keep my hunger under control so I don't end up binging or eating stupid foods

Comment

I don't think that it matters which meal you eat that is the biggest. I think it's best that you eat 6 small meals instead of two or three bigger ones. Then you don't have to worry about hunger since you're always having a little something. It also trains your body not to want to be stuffed after a meal.

Comment

I think that as long as you don't leave the bulk of your claories to the end of the day then it doesn't matter if you eat them for breakfast or for lunch.

Comment

There are a lot of good studies that are coming out that are all saying that if you eat the most at breakfast, even if you eat the same number of calories that day, you'll lose more weight.

Comment

Hahah second breakfast all the way!

Comment

Breakfast. The more you eat at the start of your day the better. Gradually eating less throughout the day is better for your body. Snacks, lunch and dinner should be satisfying but light.

Comment

Working...
                              X