Don't turn your life into a boot camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't turn your life into a boot camp

The best tip I’ve heard in a long time is not to try to turn your life into boot camp to lose weight. Nobody can live like that. You’re signing up to fail if you try.

That’s very true, brightstar. Anytime I’ve ever followed a diet and exercise regimen that was too strict, I only last a couple a days before I just gave up. It’s too miserable. If you dread doing something, you’ll never want to do it and find any way to get out of it until you just give up on it altogether.

Comment

You really are signing yourself up to fail if you turn losing weight into a miserable challenge. It’s better to take it slow and follow a diet program that you can manage and gradually lose weight that stays off than to try and lose as much as you can in as short a time as possible.

Comment

That's really what it all comes down to. You need to find a diet that you will be comfortable living - to a certain degree - for the rest of your life. It can be something that is challenging at first, but it needs to be something you can realistically live with or you'll just give up or gain the weight back.

Comment

Great tip! Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X