Eating less without feeling hungry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating less without feeling hungry

I'm looking for tips on how I can eat less but not feel hungry. I find that while I know I need to reduce my portions, I still feel hungry after. How can I satisfy my hunger without blowing my calories or over-eating? Feeling hungry all the time is miserable.

Just eat something that is high in protein and fiber. Both of those things fill you up and they take a long time to digest so they sit in your stomach longer. Raw veggies, popcorn, and low fat high protein meats do the same. I find almonds are a good choice, too.

Comment

Just find something with nearly no calories - like celery and carrots - and eat as much as you want. You don't even need to count those calories

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
        Just eat something that is high in protein and fiber. Both of those things fill you up and they take a long time to digest so they sit in your stomach longer. Raw veggies, popcorn, and low fat high protein meats do the same. I find almonds are a good choice, too.

Brightstar's got it. Protein and fiber really make all the difference in the world. Vegetables are great when you have the munchies and you just want to snack and chew on something, but they're not very filling so while you should have some with your meal, you need to make sure you're getting protein and fiber too, cause a whole plate of vegetable as a meal isn't going to satisfy you for long.

Comment

Ya, Protein is the answer. Focus on balancing your meals, stay hydrated, and don't wait until you are starving to eat. That should help.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyBurger View Post
            Ya, Protein is the answer. Focus on balancing your meals, stay hydrated, and don't wait until you are starving to eat. That should help.
            Staying hydrated is a really good point. Water is an appetite killer and it helps your body to run better. Also, a lot of times when we think we're hungry, we're actually thirsty. Killing thirst gets rid of the hunger pangs.

Comment

Eat high fiber foods. They're good for you and will keep you full

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I never thought about eating more protein and fiber. Staying hydrated is a good idea too! Great. I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                X