Proper sleep helps you lose weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper sleep helps you lose weight

Getting adequate sleep can help anyone who is dieting with weight loss. Not getting enough sleep, or sleep deprivation, alters your body's hormone levels which can throw you off balance and affect things, such as your appetite, making you feel hungrier than normal. Sleep helps to regulate all of your body's functions. It's good for both your emotional and physical wellbeing. Try to get the rest you need as much as you can and you'll likely notice a difference in terms of your weight loss goals and definitely a difference in your productivity and your mood!

Indeed it does, Jokerzwild. Unfortunately, I'm one of those unlucky people who has battled with insomnia for most of my life. I'd love to get a good night's sleep and I've tried lots of different techniques, but nothing seems to work. That said, you're absolutely right. Sleep certainly is something your body needs and a lot of people get far too little.

Comment

Great tip. You're right about sleep being important. I know I certainly feel a lot better when I have had proper rest. When I'm well rested I don't crave foods that are super high in fat as much as I do when I'm sleep deprived.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyBurger View Post
        Indeed it does, Jokerzwild. Unfortunately, I'm one of those unlucky people who has battled with insomnia for most of my life. I'd love to get a good night's sleep and I've tried lots of different techniques, but nothing seems to work. That said, you're absolutely right. Sleep certainly is something your body needs and a lot of people get far too little.
        I suffer from the same problem. Is there any way around this? I go to sleep at the same time every night, I don't eat within 2-3 hours of going to bed, I stop all caffeinated products at lunchtime, and I exercise every day. I really do all the things that the "books" tell you to do. I know this is harming my weight loss, I only wish I knew some way around it.

Comment

Have you ever tried valerian root supplements, 1000kilowatts? They do the trick for me. They make me calm so that I can wind down and go to sleep without having my brain stay active well into the night, but they don't make you dopey or addicted. Pretty good stuff. You might want to try that.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
            Have you ever tried valerian root supplements, 1000kilowatts? They do the trick for me. They make me calm so that I can wind down and go to sleep without having my brain stay active well into the night, but they don't make you dopey or addicted. Pretty good stuff. You might want to try that.
            I use those on occasion in supplements that have a few other things in them like hops and skullcap. If I really have insomnia, they don't do anything but make me feel calm while I'm awake, but if I'm just struggling a bit, I sleep like a baby with their help.

Comment

Originally posted by 2strikes View Post
              Originally posted by brightstar View Post
              I use those on occasion in supplements that have a few other things in them like hops and skullcap. If I really have insomnia, they don't do anything but make me feel calm while I'm awake, but if I'm just struggling a bit, I sleep like a baby with their help.
              Agreed! I have tried valerian root and it does really help. I like that it doesn't make me all dopey the next day - which I tend to have a problem with when I drink chamomile tea before bed...I wake up with a chamomile hang-over lol. That said...while those valerain root supplements work...poo-wee do they wreak! hahaha.

Comment

This is a good tip and it's totally true. Only trouble is, when you're sleeper is broken, you don't get any benefit from it

Comment

Working...
                X