Do you share your weight loss photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you share your weight loss photos?

I understand the benefit of weight loss photos, but they’re so embarrassing! I know that they’re more effective when you show someone else because then you’re motivated not to look like that anymore, but I can’t get myself to do it. Any advice. Does anyone else show others?
    I show at least 1 other person my weight loss photos
    43.75%
    I don't show anyone my weight loss photos
    37.50%
    I don't take weight loss photos
    18.75%

I'd never show anyone my weight loss pictures. I might show someone once I reach my goal so I can show them how great I look now, but for the moment, NO WAY!

Comment

I actually do share my photos, but only once I can use them as a "before and after" idea. In my first one, I wore my favorite pair of pants and a skin-tight yoga tank. Then I wore the same ones every two weeks in my pictures. So now I can take my ugly flabby original and show people with my less ugly and less ugly current version haha. I don't mind showing the photo when I have something better to compare it to!

Comment

Photos are a very good guide but they can distort your perspective. There are areas where you will lose weight visibly but you won't focus on them. You will focus on the areas that you want to lose weight visibly but where you haven't, or where you haven't lost as quickly as you wanted. Know yourself and your form and know that you're doing the best you can for yourself in a natural and healthy way. Images help, but are a tool, not the only thing you should use for your motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
          I'd never show anyone my weight loss pictures. I might show someone once I reach my goal so I can show them how great I look now, but for the moment, NO WAY!
          Ya, I'm with ChefMel. I think taking photos are a good thing so you can see your progress. This can make them very motivational...but to actually show those scary pictures to someone else...nah. I'd need to look dynamite before I did that lol!

Comment

Yup, I take them and I share them for anyone who wants to see. I'm actually proud of my photos. They may not be pretty to start but I love being able to see the improvements and progress I've made and showing this to anyone who is curious. It's proof that a weight loss program, product, etc. is actually working!

Comment

I really don't see the point to taking weight loss photos. That said, I don't typically like my photo taken. I would never look at these photos as inspiration. Personally I would just find them depressing. So, it's a bit no for me. Not only would I not share them, I don't even want to see them myself!

Comment

Good heavens, no! Trust me when I say no one wants to see that LOL!

Comment

I do take before and after photos to monitor my weight loss progress, but they are for my purposes only. I don't ever show them to anyone else. Besides, if you've actually lost weight to the point that you're going to notice it in photos, than others will notice it just by looking at you, or seeing you in past (non-weight loss before and after shots) photos.

Comment

I think taking weight loss photos are a great idea I show them to anyone who wants to see. I find that they encourage me to stay on target. Besides, it's fun to have a good laugh over my fat photos once I look hot

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                      Photos are a very good guide but they can distort your perspective. There are areas where you will lose weight visibly but you won't focus on them. You will focus on the areas that you want to lose weight visibly but where you haven't, or where you haven't lost as quickly as you wanted. Know yourself and your form and know that you're doing the best you can for yourself in a natural and healthy way. Images help, but are a tool, not the only thing you should use for your motivation.
                      U said it right, envrioTodd. Pics should be used 2 help u, but they r a guide. Dont let pics put u down. Ur self image is more important than what u see in a pic.

Comment

No. I'm way to vain to show others my before and after weight loss shots. I don't even like looking at them! I only do it because I'm curious to see the difference, but I don't take pride in them at all.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, everybody! I really appreciate it. I was curious if other people felt like me but it was really interesting to learn all of the different opinions

Comment

Thanks TammyBear. Some of these survey things are pretty interesting. It's funny that you think that you're realy unique and everyone feels the same way as you, or you think that you're really normal and then you're the only one who has tried something. This is a good way of finding out stuff!

Comment

I've actually been using a Facebook app for weight loss to use my photos to share (with certain friends only) and motivate me never to look like this anymore. I know that every week I have to post a new photo so I work really hard because I want them to look better since people will be seeing them!

Comment

Working...
                              X