All Natural Diet Better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Natural Diet Better?

Is a diet based only on whole foods and all natural foods better for weight loss than one that has the same calories but is in those diet meal programs?

Whole foods are always better than processed foods.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
      Whole foods are always better than processed foods.
      Exactly. I’d also recommend sticking to fresh food options as much as possible.

Comment

An all natural diet is always better for you. You will always obtain far more nutrients from whole foods. This means that your foods will be more nutrient dense, so you will be able to experience a greater amount of nutrition within a lower number of calories. That's very important because it can be challenging to achieve a balanced nutrition when you are attempting to slash back your caloric intake. So if you just concentrate on eating natural foods and avoid all of the prepackaged garbage you'll be able to save yourself a lot of grief in trying to eat the proper nutrients every day. You'll also save a lot of money and will have to rely less on supplements.

Comment

Just make sure that you can actually trust when it says "all natural' on your ingredients. Don't just trust that label. Look at the actual ingredients themselves. People can write "all natural" on just about anything and then you look in the ingredients and they're full of additives and things you can't pronounce!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            An all natural diet is always better for you. You will always obtain far more nutrients from whole foods. This means that your foods will be more nutrient dense, so you will be able to experience a greater amount of nutrition within a lower number of calories. That's very important because it can be challenging to achieve a balanced nutrition when you are attempting to slash back your caloric intake. So if you just concentrate on eating natural foods and avoid all of the prepackaged garbage you'll be able to save yourself a lot of grief in trying to eat the proper nutrients every day. You'll also save a lot of money and will have to rely less on supplements.
            This is very true! Envirotodd knows what hes talking about. The better u eat & give ur body proper nutrients the less likely u are 2 require other things like supplements. In addition 2 eating healthy, drink healthy 2! Water is ur new best friend

Comment

You're very right about that, BabyButtons. Water is the ideal addition to any diet for any purpose - weight loss or not. It doesn't have any calories in it but it has a great deal of necessary essences to keep the body and all of its systems and energies running at their best.

That brings up a very important point, too. Many people don't realize how much they are taking in through the beverages that they drink. It's obvious if you have a soda that you are drinking a tremendous amount of sugar, sodium and chemicals but people don't seem to see that if they drink juices, juice-drinks, specialty coffees, milkshakes, and even a lot of smoothies, that they are also filling themselves up with sugars, calories, fats, sodium, and other substances that are simply not needed in a healthy diet.

Adding a slice of a citrus fruit to a glass of water is the perfect way to add some flavoring without skyrocketing sugars and calories. It is also a perfect way to keep things healthy because a little bit of added nutrition will make its way into the water. This is far healthier than those ridiculous vitamin enhanced water products that have nearly nothing in them and should be torn down from the shelves.

BabyButtons, you are always a source of information and inspiration

Comment

Awww thanks! As 4 ur point about adding citrus fruit 2 water I usually add lemon but the other day I didnt have any so i though id give grapefruit a try. It was surprisingly really good!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                  Awww thanks! As 4 ur point about adding citrus fruit 2 water I usually add lemon but the other day I didnt have any so i though id give grapefruit a try. It was surprisingly really good!
                  That is very good and refreshing. Lime is good, as well, and even orange is good in a pinch. Just make sure that if you're not buying organic citrus fruits, you wash them very carefully with soap on the outside. These are plants that are very heavily sprayed with pesticides. It doesn't normally cause too much harm if you are peeling the fruit and eating the inside, but if you are slicing it and placing it in your water, the chemicals can leach out of the skins and into the water you're drinking. This can help to negate the positive energies from your hydration and cause your body to have to go into a negative battle mode against the toxins.

Comment

Working...
                  X